Senior Electrical and Controls Engineer
January 12, 2023
We are currently searching for a Senior Electrical and Controls Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and growing company with a great atmosphere.
- Manage and advise on technical aspects of the Engineering project process.
- Create project schedules for assigned projects and actively manage and engage with the engineering team to deliver projects on within the agreed schedules and budgets
- Estimate engineering hours for project deliverables and create proposals for new work.
- Support the Project Manager to develop updates for customers
- Participate and coordinate both internal and external project meetings with the engineering teams, clients and suppliers
- Mentoring of members of the engineering and design team
- Work collaboratively as part of an integrated group
- Supervise and direct engineers/designers as required.
- Take into account the multidiscipline nature of plant design and independently liaise and communicate with the appropriate disciplines and customers as required
- Work with the client, synthesize and disseminate project information, scope, etc. with a multidiscipline team
- In conjunction with other senior project team members, participate in the development and maintenance of project budgets and schedules
- Together with the department heads, monitor and assess design progress and productivity, and take corrective action if necessary
- Travel to client facilities when required for the project
- Maintain and develop strong working relationships with existing clients
- Design, develop, review and approve electrical and controls (IEC) engineering drawings, specifications and documents in line with national and international standards such as CSA & IEEE, as required by various projects as assigned
- Guide control systems architecture and component selection, including interactions with mechanical and robotic systems
- Manage communications, interfaces, etc. between different technologies and proprietary systems
- Prepare and review datasheets and/or procurement packages for electrical, control and instrumentation equipment
- Liaise with vendors, select and oversee purchase of electrical, instrumentation and control components
- Perform electrical design calculations including, but not limited to voltage drop, lighting levels, cable tray fill and heat trace
- Assist in preparing project documents such as scopes, schedules and reports
- Manage conflicting priorities among simultaneous projects and liaise with multiple teams to achieve project and company goals
- High voltage, power distribution systems and MCC’s
- Safety critical systems such as SIS
- Robots (Kuka, ABB, etc.), robotic cells, and robot end of arm tooling
- Construction codes and area classifications
- SLD’s, Loop diagrams, cable schedules and layout plans
- PLC and HMI programs and interfaces
- Familiarity with CSA and/or NFPA area classification standards
- 3-8 years’ experience with electrical engineering exposure
- BSc in Electrical Engineering or a similar undergraduate degree
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with PEO or other Canadian Professional Engineering institution
- Proficient in Microsoft office, AutoCAD
- Professional Engineering registration is preferred
- Ability to lawfully work in Canada
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone self-motivated that can align with project and company goals
- Flexible thinker that can bring ideas and unconventional ways of doing things to the table while progressing multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player and open communicator
What we can offer you:
- Exposure to a broad cross-section of industries on a global scale
- Competitive compensation
- Open and collaborative teamwork
- Fast paced, interesting and challenging assignments
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Job Posting # SEC0123 in your reply.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The EPCM Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and supporting the well-being of our employees.