Project Manager / Business Development Leader
JANUARY 12, 2023
Established in 1980, The EPCM Group is a global engineering, procurement, and construction management firm. At EPCM, we address our clients’ most difficult manufacturing and operational challenges by applying our bold thinking, industry insights, end-to-end services, and global capability.
With offices in North America, South America, and Europe, our team of over 450 employees delivers comprehensive solutions worldwide through our engineering, automation, and service and supply divisions.
EPCM is expanding its business across Canada and is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager with a flair for Business Development to join our team.
As Project Manager / Business Development Leader, the ideal candidate will combine skills of project management with an appetite to build a pipeline of business opportunities by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. This position plays a major role in the delivery of projects to customers and the acquisition of new clients and proposal submissions as one of the companies’ main points of contact.
The ideal candidate, who will thrive in this role, will possess the following qualities:
- A high level of experience in project management
- Great business sense
- A strong working knowledge of marketing principles
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive attitude
- Negotiation skills
- Plenty of initiative
The position of Project Manager / Business Development Leader reports directly to the General Manager of EPCM Engineering Services Inc.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Manage and advise on technical aspects of the engineering project process.
- Create project schedules for assigned projects and actively manage and engage with the engineering team to deliver projects on within the agreed schedules and budgets
- Estimate engineering hours for project deliverables and create proposals for new work.
- Manage the engineering hours available for the projects
- Provide customers with project updates
- Participate and coordinate both internal and external project meetings with the engineering teams, clients and suppliers
- Mentoring of members of the engineering and design team
- Work collaboratively as part of an integrated group
- Supervise and direct engineers/designers as required.
- Take into account the multidiscipline nature of plant design and independently liaise and communicate with the appropriate disciplines and customers as required
- Work with the client, synthesize and disseminate project information, scope, etc. with a multidiscipline team
- In conjunction with other senior project team members, participate in the development and maintenance of project budgets and schedules
- Direct team members in concise manner to deliver the scopes of work agreed upon with the clients
- Together with the department heads, monitor and assess design progress and productivity, and take corrective action if necessary
- Travel to client facilities when required for the project
- Maintain and develop strong working relationships with existing clients
- Liaise and travel to visit with new clients to develop new business relationships
- Assist in developing Oneira business strategy and business management
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings to promote The EPCM Group of Companies
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities
- Calling and connecting via social platforms with individuals
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients
- P.Eng essential and PMP certification preferred
- Experience with large-scale chemical / oil and gas production facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, marketing or related field
- Project management experience
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks
- Experience with business development in the engineering or construction industries is highly preferred.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Job Posting# PM0123 in your reply.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The EPCM Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and supporting the well-being of our employees.