General Labourer / Machine Operator
JULY 16, 2021
Established in 1980, The EPCM Group is a global engineering, procurement, and construction management firm. At EPCM, we address our clients’ most difficult manufacturing and operational challenges by applying our bold thinking, industry insights, end-to-end services, and global capability.
With offices in North America, South America, and Europe, our team of over 450 employees delivers comprehensive solutions worldwide through our engineering, automation, and service and supply divisions.
EPCM is seeking candidates for the position of General Labourer / Machine Operator for its manufacturing facility in Oakville, Ontario.
- Repairing and fabricating steel components used to support the mining industry
- Running punch and straightening press
- Operating CNC machines
- Separating steel from bars
- Installing Edge strips
- Using hoists to move product
- Using various power tools
- Handling materials with forklift
- Reliable and punctual
- Thoroughness / high attention to detail
- Self-motivated to continually achieve goals
- Adaptable and effectively respond to changes or challenges
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a repetitive fast paced environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Experience, Education, Qualification & Requirements:
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility is preferred
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- High school diploma
- Own transportation
- Clean criminal record
- Steel-toed shoes is a requirement
This job is based in a production facility. Employees use equipment such CNC machines, presses and various hand tools. General labourers typical workday is 90% standing at the workstation.
Ability to stand and walk from stations, manual dexterity, and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com. Reference Job Posting# GL0721 in your reply.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The EPCM Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and supporting the well-being of our employees.